Sunday, November 8, 2009

Oh, Snap!

Hey all!

So today is going to be a blogging extravaganza. It looks like I have been stockpiling baking pictures, lately...I have been baking (really! I have!) but I just haven't had time to blog about it (curse you, exams! curse you!)

I baked these cupcakes one day, when I just decided I needed to exercise my creative right to avoid studying for a bit! First, we have Mehnaz's Ginger Snap Cupcakes! These are for my sister since she's so spicy, herself!

I adapted these cupcakes from a recipe for ginger snaps from Alton Brown . These babies are so special because instead of just the usual powdered ginger, we've got candied ginger pieces in them, which give a lovely bite! (Very Christmas!)

The second batch was pina colada inspired. It is a coconut cake with a pineapple buttercream and a little candied pineapple on top, placed just so.

If you are looking for a quick trip to the tropics, these cupcakes will surely do it for you!

That's it for this blog, but i will talk to you all again in about 30 seconds! Till then, I hope these tide you over!

No comments: