Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Polkadots!

On Saturday night, I decided to stray from my little cupcake-filled bubble and venture out into the big leagues, the big time, Cakecity USA ( I mean, Canada..but it really doesn't have the same ring to it...). So this is what my mum and I came up with. A dark chocolate/coffee cake with mint ganache on top and polkadots placed just so. The ribbon is courtesy of Dressew Supply Ltd.
At the start of this cake, I felt pretty darn with it. And even at the end. It was at the point when I placed that little mesh umbrella of terror on top of the cake that my bubble got popped (or should I say our cake got a hole right in its very centre). That lovely cake full of my blood, sweat and a few tears that leaked out (well, not literally, thank God) had a puncture marring its glossy finish. Alas, after a few patches, it was okay.
This experience humbled me and taught me two things:
1. I still have a lot to learn before I can attempt to make more cakes (so I think I'll stay out of Cakecity for a while)
2. I think after that emergency repair job, mum and I would be excellent surgeons!
PS - the cake you see before you is avant hole. I just didn't have the heart to put up a picture of the wounded cake (poor baby).

1 comment:

LL said...

that look so good! and the ribbon look great on it!